A report quoted a Google spokesperson as saying, “We actively investigate malicious behaviour, and when we find violations, we take action, including the removal of a developer’s ability to monetise their app with AdMob or publish on Play”.
“DO Global apps no longer offer ad inventory for purchase via Google’s AdMob network,” a report said.
The search engine giant is further extending the ban to the Internet giant’s ad products appearing on Android as well.
“Their removal from the Play Store marks one of the biggest bans, if not the biggest, Google has ever instituted against an app developer,” a report noted.
The Chinese company claims to have more than 250 million monthly active users for its apps and the reach of nearly 800 million users through its ad platform on Android.
DO Global was a subsidiary of Baidu until it was spun out earlier in 2018. Baidu retains a 34 per cent stake in the company.
46 apps from DO Global has been removed from the Play Store and the company intends to ban DO Global overall with more app removals that would follow, according to reports.
National Security Council took the decision of emergency in a meeting to empower the security forces and to ensure public security. The meeting also decided to declare Tuesday as a national day of mourning.
The security situation remains tense as a van carrying explosives was diffused near the Colombo church, which faced an attack on Sunday.
Other explosive detonators were recovered in a market area as security agencies keep frisking sensitive areas to thwart repetition of attacks on Sunday which killed around 300 people.
Earlier, the government said that a local religious group National Tawheed Jamaath is behind the attacks but such a small local group cannot organise attacks at such a level.
Most of the shops and business establishments in Colombo and other areas remain closed and night curfew will be in place from 8 PM to 4 AM.
Addressing a press conference, cabinet minister and government spokesman Rajitha Senaratne said the international support behind the attacks is being investigated and they are trying to ascertain how suicide bombers were prepared. The minister said there were inputs from international intelligence agencies earlier warning of such suicide attacks and expressed regret that it could not be avoided. The minister also added that detailed security checks out is being carried out at all sensitive places across the country as there are inputs of more such attacks.
Sri Lankan police have arrested 24 local suspects for involvement in serial blasts across the country on Sunday. Death toll rises to 290 with around 500 injured.
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe said Sri Lanka’s government was aware of information regarding a possible attack adding they will look into why adequate precautions were not taken.
Sri Lankan PM Wickremesinghe said the names that have come up are local, but investigators will look into whether the attackers had any overseas links. Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena has announced the appointment of a special committee led by retired Supreme Court judge to investigate the attacks and submit its report within two weeks.
Sri Lankan police have confirmed the involvement of suicide bombers at four locations in the country.
Meanwhile, police curfew imposed across the country on Sunday has been lifted. The government has imposed a ban on social media platforms like Whatsapp and Facebook to avoid rumours.
Among other incidents, an Improvised Explosive Device was detected and diffused near the departure area of Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) last evening. Security has been tightened at all sensitive places across the country. Schools will remain closed till Monday while Universities have been instructed to close down till further notice.
Known for its commitment in delivering programme that resolve to betenderwith the young,compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerantof the weak and wrong in sync with the needs of the times.